By definition, Adventure Travel – whether it involves extreme heights; mental endurance; high risk or killer speeds – never breaks its promise to give you the surge of adrenaline you signed up for. But the list is endless, and the need is now. From climbing to the top of a fire-bursting volcano in the Democratic Republic of Congo; racing down the rushing whitewater of the Zambezi River, to heart-pounding quests in search of Silverback Gorillas, Africa has is it all. We believe an African Adventure is the epitome of Adventure Travel and we have crossed Africa’s borders, high and low, in search of the most authentic African Adventures that will match the interest of any fearless adventurist out there. We streamlined Adventure Travel experiences into a pick of four African territories – Waterways, Peaks, Savannas and Forests, and leave you with nothing but a choice: which type of African Adventurer are you?
• Talk of Zanzibar and you can’t help mentioning the unspoiled, pristine, white sands of the virgin beaches complementing the scintillating turquoise blue Indian Ocean. The lush tropical vegetation creates a spell of beauty and serenity for the best African Safari Tours. The captivating marine life under the ocean waters worth a mention. The splendour and serenity of Zanzibar Tours offer a breathtakingly dazzling archipelago.
• While travelling through Zanzibar destinations on your Africa Safari Tours, you wander along not to one but an archipelago of numerous small and large islands. The smaller islands are actually ancient coral residues subdued by a green cover of vegetation housing several unique creatures.
• The underwater realm below the warm waters illuminated by the little sunshine filtering down, display hues of the living coral and the multicoloured variety of coral fish denizens, pelagic and demersal.
• The ocean waters have both deep and shallow explorable sites. These sites make these reefs an ideal spot for scuba diving and snorkelling around Zanzibar destinations.
• Apart from the underwater marine life, you can also explore the wondrous nooks and crannies of crafts and underwater shipwrecks.
• The most familiar dolphin spotting place in Zanzibar Tours is in Kizimkazi village. You can observe both humpback and bottle-nose dolphins.
►African Peaks – Mount Kilimanjaro-
• One of the most frequently visited African Destination, Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain peak of Africa. Majestic snow-capped mountains and a challenge to reach the summit make it even more interesting to visit. The best period to climb the mountain peak is from late June to October, during the dry season.
• However, Kilimanjaro can be climbed at any time of the year.
• Formed over 1 million years ago by the volcanic movement along the Rift Valley, the highest point marked is the Uhuru peak on Kibo. Mount Kilimanjaro rises from farmlands on the lower grounds to alpine meadows and rainforests and then gradually descends into the barren lunar landscapes of the peaks. The alpine zone is home to avian denizens and is a happy place for birdwatchers.
• Unlike other Safari destinations, Africa does not offer just a walking safari. There are numerous breath-taking hikes taken by hikers. From the volcanic slopes to the verdant jungle of Empakai Crater to the towering heights of Mount Kilimanjaro to Ol Doinyo Lengai, African Safari is a hiker's utopia.
• The forests of Africa explain the invention of their sweeping meadows growing with enormous creatures and may be the rising form of the planet. If you are a wildlife or travel lover hunting for an unforgettable trip to Uganda Destinations and Rwanda Destinations, a Gorilla Safari is definitely the one on the top of your bucket list. Spectacular scenery and an amazing wildlife feature Gorilla Safaris and trekking tours. Unlike any other experience in African Safari, Gorilla Trekking in Africa’s rainforests is surreal and mystique. The jungle mists give an unrealistic atmosphere.
• Gorilla trekking is often overlooked as a safari in its own right, even though most gorillas have the power to captivate our attention and imagination over most other mammals.
• Unlike any other trekking experience in Africa, Gorilla Trekking is the best primate safari experience and the most sought-after Trekking Safari in Uganda and Rwanda. The jungle mists give an unrealistic atmosphere to its visitors to all parts of the day. The happiness of spotting the last of the remaining mountain gorillas is as expected and truly an amazing feeling.
• Visitors get to spend a good time with our mesmerizing relatives. You can observe the primates swing from one tree to another, feed, play about or progress speedily on the ground right in front of you.
• The gorillas tamed for two years are habituated to human interference in the jungle areas. However, following the rules and guidelines for gorilla trekking in all African Safari Destinations assure your safety and security in the parks.
Maasai Mara is the world’s most famous Savannah safari land that stretches between Kenya and Tanzania. This region is home to a dream team of wildlife including lions, giraffes, gazelles, rhinos, cheetahs, zebras, elephants, leopards, and baboons.
Africa is host to the greatest wildebeest migration between November and July. The sheer size and year-round abundance of wildlife also mean that amazing game viewing in a wilderness setting is always on offer.
Africa forests are vast treeless plains with millions of animals stranded in search of grasslands.
Some of the best Savannah grasslands can be found in-
1. Akagera National Park
Equivalent to some of Eastern Africa’s savannah reserves, the low-lying park is nestled in the east of the country on the border with Africa.
2. Lake Manyara National Park
The Lake Manyara National Park is known for its elephants, hippos, giraffes, flamingos, and the unusual tree-climbing lions. Here you will have to rise early for a morning game drive, that heads to the shores of Lake Manyara to photograph the numerous bird species and other wildlife that congregate here every morning to enjoy the calmness and serenity if the lake.
3. Serengeti National Park
For the best photographic experience rise early for a morning game drive before flying to the northern Serengeti National Park, and if luck favours your drive you can witness the dramatic river crossings of the wildebeest migration. Capture the great herds of wildebeests and zebras eyed by the predators warily as the wild crocodile’s snout break the surface of the Mara River.
African Safari Destinations is a diverse land full of wonder and adventure. whether you dream of the wide, open horizons of the African Savannas, or want to conquer one of Africa’s highest Peaks, dare to face the secrets of the African Forests or journey through the Waterways of Africa, we are ready to tailor-make your ideal African Adventure. Africa is a land with full of adventure, but without a perfect guidance it can’t explore perfectly, so choosing the best travel guide is always be the important part for every traveller. If you need some help regarding this, read our blog @ “How To Choose The Right Safari Operator For Your African Safari Tour?” Call us (+255 784 162 038) or visit our website @ faceafricaadventures.com to learn more about your African Safari Tours in every terrain and to book your African Safari now.